It is so hard to buy for the Outdoors person in your life. The Man Can Outdoors writers brainstormed what an outdoors enthusiast would want for Christmas. After a few conversations, we came up with a top Here is a quick rundown.
- Gift Card to Cabela’s, Bass Pro or any outdoor store is always a safe bet but is not as a personal as actual gear.
- Fishing Line, lures or Hooks are essential for every angler and make a great stocking stuffer. Take a sneak peek into his tackle bag for size or style.
- Ammo can be another great stocking stuffer. Go to your local gun shop if you know what he carries in the woods.
- Filet knifes or skinning knifes are great mid-grade gift ideas. A quality knife can help any outdoor adventure.
- Guided Hunting or Fishing Trip is a higher end gift but several outfitters offer black Friday or holidays deals to get people introduced to their service.
- Boots/Boat shoes/Wading shoes are another mid-grade gift that outdoors folks will be very grateful to receive.
- Sunglasses are essential for any outdoor activity and could be a stocking stuffer to premium gift depending on brand.
- Headlamp/Flashlights are always needed for fishing and hunting, and your outdoorsman could never have too many.
- Binoculars are used in sight fishing and hunting. They will be a great midrange gift for your outdoorsman.
- Raingear is a great gift idea for your outdoorsman. A lot of times, we do not think about the elements and where a simple poncho.
- Broad heads for the archer in your life make another great stocking stuffer.
- Camo helps the hunter blend with outdoors during his adventure. Check out his closet for his preferred style.
- Hats/Beanies/facemask are great idea for a stocking stuffer. The elements are the outdoorsman’s greatest foe at times.
- Fishing Shirts with UV protection are essential for your angler. The sun can damage their skin and cause skin cancer and uv-rated fishing shirts are a great solution.
- Cover Scents to help your hunter stalk their trophies is another great idea.
- Calls for any wildlife that your hunter stalks make a wonderful smaller gift idea.
- Tumblers are very popular with outdoorsmen. From keeping their coffee hot or adult beverage cold, they are an awesome gift.
- Licenses and Preferences Points help outdoorsmen do what they love legally. If you are bold enough, get them a lifetime license.
- Books on fishing, survival and hunting make great gifts for your avid outdoors reader.
- Cast Iron Cooking Ware for those camping adventures will make a great gift that will be used for years as the cast iron ages well with time.
As a bonus, I also listed what the Man Can Outdoor writers wanted for Christmas. May our wish lists be a guide to help you shop for your outdoorsman.
- Lew’s Lazer Carbon RZ Casting Combo – All fishermen are always looking to add another rod and reel to their arsenal. This baitcasting rig can be purchased for around $100 at most big outdoor retailers. the Lazer Carbon RZ comes with the latest magnetic casting brake system to prevent backlash and birds nests. This rod and reel combo is perfect for any angler.
- Pair of Waders – After trout fishing on a few rivers in the Chattahoochee National Forest this summer, I quickly learned the value of a good pair of waders. While the cool mountain water is refreshing in the month of July, it can put a damper on all-day fishing trips. You can actually find a decent pair of waders online at Cabela’s or Bass Pro for fairly cheap. Some are even as low as $15.
- Case Lightweight Hunter Fixed-Blade Knife – This hunting knife if perfect for any big game hunter. The blade is 4-inch stainless steel, and fixed with a gut hook for field-dressing animals. This quality knife is one that would last a lifetime, and can be purchased for under $50.
- Black Diamond Storm Headlamp – This headlamp is one that can be used in all outdoor scenarios, from finding your stand before daylight on a cool autumn morning to night fishing, or even camping. This light is equipped with 3 LEDs for 350 lumens, which is bright enough to light up any nighttime activity. The headlamp is also waterproof, and features 3-color RGB mode. This headlamp is usually priced at around $45.
- Lowrance Hook-4x Mid/High Sonar – This is a quality sonar fish-finder that can be found for just over $100. The Lowrance Hook-4x has brilliant, high-resolution color display on a 4-inch screen. This model combines CHIRP Sonar with Downscan Imaging technology to help anglers distinguish between structure, baitfish, and those lunkers that hangout deep below the surface.
- Dexter Outdoors UC133-8-WS-1 PCP Dexter-Russell Flexible Fillet Knife with Moldable Handle & Sheath, 8″ – This fishing filet knife is ideal for the angler in your life. I prefer items that custom fit and the moldable handle makes each knife a perfect fit for their owner.
- Columbia Men’s Bahama Vent PFG Slip-On Boat Shoes – A pair of non-slip boat are essential for your angler to keep them on his feet without marking their boat. The Omni-Grip: non-marking rubber outsole is specifically designed for wet surfaces with razor siping.
- Rebel Wee Crawfish – I use this lure for trout, bass and panfish. It can work as topwater or diving crankbait. This lure in red is deadly in my small lake, and I have gotten stringers upon strings of shellcracker off one.
- SF Fly Fishing Landing Soft Rubber Mesh Trout Catch and Release Net – A rubber net works great to catch and release trout without harm and rubber also does not catch those pesky thrown hooks.
- Outdoor Gourmet Deluxe Fryer Stand – For low country boils, chili cook-offs, turkey frying and fish fries, you will need a good propane fryer. I have used outdoor gourmet for years and I need a spare one now.
I hope all the suggestions help you out this holiday season while shopping for your love ones.